Vera Wang’s Tips for the BG Bride
A native New Yorker, Vega Wang has lived and breathed fashion for over twenty years. Forever changing the bridal industry when she opened her flagship salon in 1990, the Vera has designed wedding gowns for scores of brides across the world. In honor of her Spring 2014 Bridal Trunk Show, Vera shares her tips for the BG Bride:
1. Be true to your own style. A wedding dress is about self-expression. The most important thing is to wear something that makes you feel beautiful.
2. The dress should feel as good as it looks. A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes.
3. The advice I always give is go in and just try things on. Don’t pressure yourself to make a decision the very first day. Just go in and try things on…. things you may even think I would never wear that. Just give it a shot. You never, ever know. Give yourself that freedom. You’ll know when you look in the mirror.
4. If you’re going to let the dress guide everything, then plan the entire wedding around the dress. But if you have a venue you specifically love, then the wedding must be geared to that. You really have to choose the path and what you are going to be guided by.
5. Try color. It’s for an individual who really is brave and confident and wants to make a fashion statement.
View the Vera Wang Bridal Collection this Friday, January 31 and Saturday, February 1. Call 212 872 8957 to schedule an appointment. RSVP