The Get List: Petra Nemcova
Welcome to the Get List — where we help decipher what to get the Fashion Flock this holiday season.
Today’s feature? Super model, philanthropist, Be the Light founder and all-around do-gooder Petra Nemcova. So what to get this world-traveling altruist? First off, it needs some heart… and sole.
1. New York Holiday Tradition: Walking the City during cold days, hot chestnuts in hand.
Those who follow Petra on twitter know that she’s always a woman on the move: Petra lives for first-hand experiences and beautiful moments. So why not surprise her with a visit to our just-revealed holiday windows Holidays on Ice? Fill a thermos with hot tea, cocoa or toddys, charge the camera and surprise her with a new tradition she’ll never forget.
2. Favorite New York restaurant: There are a few, but my NEW favorite is Cherry—it has delicious and interesting Japanese cuisine and SUCH a seductive interior.
Let’s be honest: there’s nary a shoe more seductive than Valentino’s Rockstud. This crystal-covered sling-back not only is featured in our Fifth Avenue windows’ Thanksgiving setting, it has just the right amount of allure to shine on the red carpet or in the dimly-lit Cherry setting. 212 872 8947
3. Best gift ever received: The present of presence! Life itself is the best gift we all have.
Nothing is better than a personal touch, and this personalized Aurora Lopez bracelet can feature whatever word is most fitting, perfect for this woman with a mission. Carpe diem. 212 872 2632
4. Ultimate holiday movie: Love Actually
It’s beginning to be clear that Petra is a true sentimentalist. And what is more sentimental than a locket featuring the faces of loved ones? A Monica Rich Kosann specialty, this double-sided crystal locket will hold those most important close to Petra’s heart. 212 872 2758
5. Must-Have winter accessory: Baby alpaca scarves. They’re soooo soft and warm!
Let’s be honest: New York can get viciously frigid during the winter months. Perhaps it’s the wind ripping through the avenues or perhaps it’s that darkness now arrives at 3:30pm, but New York during the winter inspires one to cozy up. A Brunello Cucinelli cashmere throw is perfect for those hot cider nights when Love Actually and BG white truffled parmesan popcorn are on the agenda. 212 872 2866