The Get List: Monica Rich Kosann
Welcome to the Get List — where we help decipher what to get the Fashion Flock this holiday season.
Today’s feature? The incredibly talented photographer and designer Monica Rich Kosann (who recently opened her boutique on Seven). So what to get this woman of many hats?
1. Favorite New York Holiday Tradition: Every year I look forward to seeing all of the holiday windows…. they’re always so inspiring! I especially love watching everyone photograph them!
Let’s begin by assuming that Monica already owns The Windows of Bergdorf Goodman (if not, that would be the recommendation). Fifth Avenue windows viewing requires the freedom to move your arms (particularly when taking photos) and a winter coat can be quite constricting… so we’d like to see Monica outfitted in a Loro Piana cape. It’s warm and it’s just luxe enough to make a 58th Street cameo. 212 872 2810
2. Best gift ever received: A new and engraved Dog Charm for me to add to my charm bracelet!! It has all of my dogs’ names engraved on the back.
Just like our Santa, we’re serious dog lovers here at 5th/58th. So we understand occasionally indulging in an over-the-top dog lead. Goyard is the only way to go. 212 872 2517
3. Ultimate Holiday Movie: Every year we watch It’s a Wonderful Life with my kids… I cry every year!!
Now that’s a serious tear jerker… Know what else hits us in the emotional gut? Nate Berkus’ The Things That Matter. Just trust us. 212 872 2570
4. Favorite New York restaurant: I love so many… but Bottega del Vino is always delicious!
A classic Italian spot that’s also a BG favorite (particularly for morning espresso breaks)…. we hear it’s almost like being in Italy. So why not surprise Monica with a trip Italiano? Charlotte Olympia’s kitty travel set would be necessary for the flight. Online only.
5. Favorite Winter Accessory: Scarves! Particularly the Missoni ones! They are one of my favorite accessories…other than jewelry. I look forward to the cold weather just so I can wear them!
Scarves you say? We’re going to take a gander here and recommend the unexpected scarf: Dries Van Noten’s ostrich plumes. It’s the right mix of scarf and jewelry all wrapped up into one. 212 872 2797