Safe Sun Review: Chantecaille
May is Melanoma Awareness month and we’re really proud to partner with the Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA) to support Melanoma research. All month long we’re supporting the MRA through a host of exciting initiatives in-store, on our blog, and through social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. To share your support and save face, see our fav UV blocking products that benefit MRA.
Today, Guest Beauty Blogger Rachel Adler of Beauty High shares her thoughts on Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 PA+++…
I have been on the hunt for the perfect sun protection for my face for years — much like Goldilocks in a way, I’m constantly trying new brands and the latest product, but always finding something that I don’t like about it. One will be too greasy, smell too much like the beach or too heavy; and when it comes to your face SPF you want something that absorbs quickly and is lightweight yet will still provide you with full protection to keep your skin safe and wrinkles at bay.
And then, low and behold, I tested Chantecaille’s Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 PA +++ (212 872 2725) which not only provides UV protection, but also acts like a primer so it’s perfect to use before your makeup application. To apply, you shake the bottle well and squeeze out just a touch of a very lightweight, oil-free liquid. I always choose to moisturize my face first with a lightweight moisturizer, and love the fact that when I add the primer it instantly mattifies my skin without drying it out, but leaves the surface smooth and prepped for makeup application.
The primer is filled with cherry blossom, lemon balm and white tea extracts to not only provide anti-inflammatory aide, but also give a soft, soothing scent – obviously a bonus as you’re not left with that typical SPF smell. Also, it’s an Anti-Glycation primer to help protect your skin from breaking down collagen. A multi-tasking product that actually works? I may have finally cured my Goldilocks habit!
@BeautyHigh & @Bergdorf’s Skin Care Focused #BeautyChat For Melanoma Awareness Month:
Want to join in on the fun? Here’s how:
1. The chat will begin on Friday, May 4th promptly at 2:00 PM EST.
2. Co-hosts, Rachel and Amanda of @BeautyHigh and Felicia of @Bergdorfs will be answering any and all of your skin, makeup, hair or general beauty questions.
3. We’ll start with a call for questions. You can send them to @BeautyHigh with the hashtag, #BeautyChat.
4. @BeautyHigh will re-tweet each question, one at a time, and we will answer them as they come in.
5. Once a question has been re-tweeted, please feel free to add your advice and tips! We want to hear from you!
6. The conversation moves very quickly and we like to share your answers and advice as well, so please try to tweet only referring to the current topic — it makes following #BeautyChat much easier and more fun for everyone.
We’d love to hear from you! Enter our Safe Sun Polyvore Challenge and create a collage of Safe Sun musts for a chance to win a Safe Sun skin care product. Submit your collages between Tuesday, May 1 – Sunday, May 13.
Are you up for the challenge?
Contest Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Dates: May 1, 2012 – May 13, 2012. For Rules, Click Here
Rachel Adler is currently the Beauty Director for Beauty High, StyleCaster’s first dedicated beauty site. She was previously StyleCaster’s Beauty Editor, and before she dove into the beauty world headfirst she spent quite some time in the fashion closet (literally, her desk was there), beginning her career with StyleCaster as their Fashion Intern and then Fashion Assistant. She hails from the Midwest, having graduated from Purdue University, and is quite happy that she can now call Brooklyn, N.Y. her home.