Resident Experts: Holiday Gift Ideas
Vanessa Sterbenz1 of 1
Vanessa’s Gift Picks
Believe in the power of accessories — shoes and bags. The most simple dress with a great pair of shoes really puts you together.
1. Housewarming — A Jo Malone gift set is the perfect housewarming gift.
2. The Woman Who Loves to Entertain — Combine a Natori caftan with embroidered slipper and L’Objet candle. It reminds her to stop and indulge herself for a bit.
3. Little Rockstar — Jazz at Lincoln Center offers some great classes… so why not let him practice on his own drum set? Of course, the rock star will need a cool ride…
4. His & Hers — Kilian fountains are perfect.
5. The Woman Who Loves Bold Jewelry — Think Pomellato.
6. The Chic New York Woman — Trust an Akris laser-cut bag and Meredith Frederick Bracelets.
7. Nostalgic Family Member — Capture their fondest memories in a Monica Rich Kosann sterling or enamel album. Engraving can be done on the pages, behind the photos or on the front. It’s the perfect unique and thoughtful gift.
8. The Goodman — Because you know he’s trying to put his best fashion foot forward: go with Johnstons of Elgin reversible scarf, Todd Snyder leather bomber and Lanvin boot.
9. Once November Ends — Reward his generous spirit with an Aqua di Parma shaving brush and kit. They have wonderful moisturizers and aftershave balm, as well as shave cream and gel. He’ll need to protect and treat his skin on a cold winter’s day.
10. Reward Your Home! — Last but not least, treat you and your home to some beautiful one-of-a-kind Devonia antiques.
212 872 8809
Ted Samin1 of 1
Ted’s Gift Picks
A man needs a good pair of dark blue jeans and a well-fitted sport jacket. With those few pieces, they can do a lot—add different color shirts and accessories. Here’s an idea of what may be on his wish list.
3. Givenchy printed t-shirt
5. Bottega Veneta tote
347 986 8462
Margie Leof1 of 1
Margie’s Gift Picks
The most important thing to me is making a client feel like a guest in my home. Shopping with me should be like shopping with a friend.
1. Mrs. John L Strong 2014 Calendar — These calendars on brass easels look beautiful on a desk. They’re the perfect gift for a man or woman.
2. Jo Malone Candles — This is the perfect hostess gift. Any scent works, and they come beautifully wrapped!
3. Laura Mercier Gift Set — Another great stocking stuffer.
4. DanniJo Jewelry — Such fun costume jewelry. Anything works.
5. Yossi Harari Jewelry — His Mini collection is perfect for a young woman.
6. Mark Spirito Jewelry — Fresh water pearl necklace and earrings.
7. Monica Rich Kosann Charm Bracelet — Perfect gift for anyone who didn’t inherit their grandmother’s charm bracelet.
8. Loro Piana Cashmere Cape — They are so luxurious and fashionable and can go with anything.
9. Loewe Flamenco Tote — Great for travel and shopping. Love the colored tassel.
10. Goyard Overnight Bag — Perfect for the frequent traveler who’s desperate for a carry-on.
212 872 8705
Domenica Paradisi1 of 1
Without accessories, it feels like you’re naked when you leave the house. Maybe it’s because I’m Italian.
1. Pair an embellished Libertine jacket with a Dries Van Noten feathered scarf
2. Love a Brunello Cucinelli hat and Jocelyn scarf
3. Fill a Thorson Hosier jewelry box with jewelry — it makes a nice surprise
4. Mix up Sydney Evan word and charm necklaces; Armenta is good, too
5. Cannot get enough textured scarves and accessories — love Michael Kors, Adrienne Landau and Pologeorgis
212 872 2575
When it comes to shopping for the holidays, there’s no better gift-selecting pro than our Resident Experts. Whether it’s finding the right hostess gift or identifying just what to give the child with a rockstar future, Margie, Vanessa, Domenica and Ted have an idea of what to wrap up.
Flip through the above album to see their gift ideas or shop holiday right now.