Kevyn Aucoin: Bergdorf Goodman 111th Anniversary Palette
Warm neutrals and subtle flecks of shimmer always hold a special place in our heart. So this begins to explain our love affair with Kevyn Aucoin’s Exclusive Essential Eye Shadow Palette – specially created to celebrate our 111th anniversary. The five-pan compact contains three demure neutrals, a slightly shimmery grey, and a dramatic aubergine.
The richly pigmented shades can be blended together for a soft wash to the lids or applied with a wet brush to boost the drama. Here’s our favorite way to apply for easy, daytime wear:
1. Apply shade 1 from lower lid to crease. This shade acts as a base and helps to neutralize uneven tone on lid.
2. Apply shade 2 from crease to brow. This shade helps to highlight and accentuate the brown bone.
3. With a small fully brush, make sure shades are well blended.
4. Apply shade 3 at the inner tear duct. Go lightly…the goal is to light up the eyes at the inner corners. Apply too much and things get a little disco ball-y.
5. Apply shade 5 to the lower lid, working up to the crease, and blending as you go. This step gives the eye a good base color.
6. Apply shade 6 to the outer corner to add soft depth. Blend pretty!
7. Complete the look with soft brown liner for day. Opt for a richer black liner for evening.
8. Load up on mascara and, viola!