#BGTutorial: Sun Protection
Do you think of daily sun protection as a year-round practice, or do you only whip it out when beach bound? Well, if you’re thinking the latter (tsk tsk!), we highly suggest you carve out time to read our Safe Sun Stories…
In a nutshell, daily sun protection is a must. . . even if it’s not sunny out. The general rule of thumb is — if it’s daytime, apply sunscreen. This rule applies 365 days a year!
And here’s why: Exposure to damaging UV rays can lead to the premature aging of skin, deep lines & wrinkles, hyperpigmentation & uneven tone, rough texture, and even Melanoma.
This #BGTutorial demonstrates the proper amount of sunscreen for daily use. . . like going to work or running weekend errands (for outdoor activities with prolonged sun exposure, it is recommended that you re-apply every two hours):
Chantecaille Protection Naturelle SPF 46 PA+++ (212 872 2725)
La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion Face SPF 30 (212 872 2623)
1. Start with clean skin. If you use a facial serum, apply serum and allow a few minutes before applying sunscreen.
2. Next, squeeze out about two tablespoons of La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion Face SPF 30 for face, neck, and décolletage.
3. Apply a dollop of sunscreen to the forehead, cheeks, chin, and three dollops across neck and tops of shoulders. Apply a little to ears, too.
4. Begin gently pressing sunscreen into skin. Extend outward until all sunscreen is absorbed. Press in an upward motion on neck. Use gentle circular motions on shoulders.
5. For added protection, and to help control shine, apply a light dusting Chantecaille Protection Naturelle SPF 46 PA+++ . . . and toss in your purse for a touch-up’s before heading for lunch.
6. Voila, you’re perfectly protected!
To learn more Safe Sun practices, read our Safe Sun Stories.
Now’s a great time to stock up on your summer essentials. . .
Our Be beautiful event is back! Stock pile your beauty musts & make room for of-the-moment favs like Serge Normant’s Meta Revive Dry Shampoo, Chantecaille’s Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara and Kate Somerville’s 360 Face Tanning pads.
Plus, when you spend $200 or more*, we’ll give you a snazzy beauty bag stocked with our latest essentials (think Le Metier de Beaute’s Nail Lacquer in fire engine red, Orlane’s Vivifying Cleansing Care and HourGlass’ genius No 28 serum).
Stay tuned for guest blog posts from your favorite skincare experts and makeup artists, special contests and our nightly #BGTutorials on twitter.
See you on the Beauty Level:
212 753 7300