#BGTutorial: Softly Contoured Eyes
A contoured eye need not conjure visions of vintage episodes of Dynasty. We show you how to create soft, natural dimension. Follow along to learn this eye enhancing technique.
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensemble in Les Epices * Edward Bess Bess-Lash Mascara * Crease brush * Shader brush * Liner brush * Concealer or Eye Shadow Primer
- To give our look staying power, apply primer to the entire lid. We like Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat.
- Next, using shader brush, apply a wash of lightest shade to entire lid. This is the backdrop for your look.
- Next, find your crease. It is the indent that hugs the top of your eyeball.
- Gently follow the natural contour of the eye & blend up & out. Easy does it…not too much pressure. Build the color slowly.
- Balance the eye by adding a light sweep of brown shade underneath. Start at the outer corner and work inward.
- Add mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Voila! Here is the finished look (with eyes open and eyes closed).
On choosing your contour shade – Select the color that looks most like a natural shadow on your complexion. Crease colors usually range from taupe, to dark brown, to charcoal. Generally, a matte finish works best.
On creating a natural crease – Blend, blend, blend. We cannot stress this enough. If needed, go over the crease with a clean brush to soften any lines of demarcation and remove excess shadow.
Join the beauty buzz @bergdorfs.
Follow along each night of Rewarding Beauty as we share helpful, step-by-step beauty lessons.
Stock up on your favorites. Delight yourself with something new.
Our Rewarding Beauty Event begins January 16. As our gift to you, receive a couture cosmetic bag filled with deluxe-sized beauty treats from AmorePacific, Elemis, Guerlain, Hourglass, Judith Leiber, Lancôme, Laura Mercier, Clinica Ivo Pitanguy, RéVive, Sisley, Sulwhasoo, and Supersmile.
Get a jump start and pre-order!