BGTutorial: Master Individual Lashes
The Secret To Natural Looking Fringe
Are longer lashes and more youthful lids on your beauty wish list for 2013? Well, achieving the aforementioned requires a multi-pronged approach, but no worries — we’ve got you covered. Our tried and true tactics for achieving brow-grazing fringe will have your lashes a flutter in as little as two weeks. Trust us!
Start with proper treatment. Care for eyes with products designed to revive, lift, firm and improve the overall appearance. In this video, our Beauty Editor, Felicia, shares tips on how to pick the best treatment for your eyes and when to start. [Meet Felicia during this week's Beauty Tweet Up on the Beauty Level].
For mega lash growth, try our Beauty Girl-tested trifecta of Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash (212 872 2725) for day, NeuLash Lash Enhancing Serum (212 872 2621) for evening, and Kate Somerville True Lash Lash-Enhancing Eye Makeup Remover (212 872 8824) [a lash boosting eye makeup remover with growth treatment] at bedtime. Mark your calendar and prepare for your growth spurt!
Want to fast-track your way to extreme length? Read on for our step-by-step guide to applying individual falsies [Click here if you want to learn to apply a full strip].
Supplies: Individual lashes (short, medium, and long length) — Lash glue — Tweezers
1. Add a small blob of glue to back of hand. Allow about two minutes for the glue to get slightly tacky.
2. While the glue dries down a bit, use the time to decide your lash placement.
3. Using the tweezer, grip the lash at the midway point and remove from tray.
4. Dip lash into glue a few times. You should now have a ball of glue on the tip.
5. Wipe the back of the lash off, so that the ball of glue is now only a ball on the top of the lash.
6. Apply the first lash at the outer corner of lid. Place the glue side against your upper lash line and hold in place for about 10 seconds.
7. Release the lash with tweezer.
8. Repeat, working from the outer lash inward. Make sure to vary the length with shorter lashes at the inner eye and longer lashes at the outer eye.
9. Apply mascara to the base and voila!
Tempted to try our eye essentials from Kate Somerville, NeuLash, Chantecaille, and more? Now’s the perfect time! Our big beauty refresh event is here. Stock pile your beauty musts & make room for of-the-moment favorites.
Visit the store at 5th & 58th or bg.com/beauty* to take advantage of our extraordinary Be Beautiful rewards event (*while supplies last).
Offers available from A Dozen Roses, Amore Pacific, Antica Farmicista, Chantecaille, Ivo Pitanguy, Sensai by Kanebo,Kaplan MD, Kate Somerville [Meet Kate Somerville on the Beauty Level], Kiehl’s Since 1851, Laura Mercier, Natura Bissé, Orlane, Restorsea, RéVive, Sulwhasoo, Tata Harper, and Tom Ford.
212 872 8819