#BGTutorial: Gilded Metallic Lids & Liner
As the weekend draws near, we find ourselves ready for a little excitement à la gilded, metallic liner and lids — and it’s high-time we teach you the magic of gorgeously foiled metal eyes. The look is quite stunning.
Read on, Drama Queen!
Most often used for dramatic evening makeup, foiling is a technique that transforms a powder eye shadow, typically a shimmery shade, into a rich, liquid metal for lids. Jewel-tone shades work best. Think: Glimmering emerald, sapphire, amethyst, and ruby. Once a shadow is foiled it has incredible staying power!
There are many ways to wear foiled eye shadow. We will demonstrate foiled shadow a liner and as a metallic lid color.
- Spritz Hourglass brush #10 with one spray of water. Dip angled brush into purple shade of Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Exhibition (212 872 8842).
- Begin applying shadow to lash liner in a dabbing (not dragging) motion. Dab across the entire lower lash line.
- You have the option of lining bottom only, top only, or top and bottom. We’ve decided on a sultry top and bottom.
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Voila! See, stunning!
As Metallic Lid Color
- Spritz brush #3 with one spray of water. Dip brush into purple shade of Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Exhibition (212 872 8842).
- Pick up a generous amount.
- Apply to lid, beginning at center, work outward, and then inward.
- Using light, careful strokes, sweep color from end to end, and diffuse as you approach the crease.
- Using Hourglass brush #4, pick up small amount of the light eye shadow shade. Just a little. This shade will soften the crease.
- Sweep light shade across crease. Follow eye’s natural shape.
- Apply mascara top and bottom.
- Voila! Go out and paint the town!
Mad for for more metallics?
Our Hourglass Cosmetics Makeup Expert would love to help. Call to arrange a personal consultation:
212 872 8842
Join the beauty buzz @bergdorfs.
Follow along each night of Rewarding Beauty as we share helpful, step-by-step beauty lessons.
Stock up on your favorites. Delight yourself with something new.
Our Rewarding Beauty Event begins January 16. As our gift to you, receive a couture cosmetic bag filled with deluxe-sized beauty treats from AmorePacific, Elemis, Guerlain, Hourglass, Judith Leiber, Lancôme, Laura Mercier, Clinica Ivo Pitanguy, RéVive, Sisley, Sulwhasoo, and Supersmile.