#BGTutorial: Colored Mascara
Yes. You did read the title correctly. In honor of it being Friday & all (and perhaps we were a bit inspired by a recent movie featuring over-the-top costumery and cotton-candy-colored coiffes), we’re diving into the vibrantly wild world of colored mascara for this #BGTutorial.
Now, don’t be afraid. Bold hues are something you can do without looking like a backup dancer in a classic 1980s music video — you just have to think logically. In other words, what meshes best with your eye color? (Refinery29 actually has a fantastic breakdown of which colored mascara works best for which colored eyes…if you’re curious) Then, take it to the next step by pairing the mascara’s color with a light, dusty rimming of shadow. When doing a look this, well, colorful, keep the rest of your face toned down… or else you’ll risk looking a bit clownish.
Mascara / Eye Color Pairing:
Blue: All eyes!
Purple: Green & Blue eyes
Dark Green: Green, Hazel & Brown eyes
Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer, 212 872 2734
Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator, 212 872 2732
Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick, 212 872 2813
Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Bleu, 212 872 2780
Yves Saint Laurent Candy Palette, 212 872 8654
Hourglass Cheekstain in Petal, 212 872 8842
1. Begin with Guerlain’s Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer. Gently smooth on face until even, making sure eye-area is extra hydrated.
2. Conceal blemishes & such with Tom Ford’s Foundation Stick (this is the most natural one I’ve found)
3. Give your eyes a brighter base with Guerlain’s Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator. Smooth under-eye & on lids to help the mascara color pop.
4. Carefully dust rims of eyes withYSL’s Candy Palette in the deep violet color.. The goal is to keep it faint, like a whisper along your lash-line.
5. Apply Laura Mercier’s Long Lash Mascara in Bleu (212 872 2780), paying particular attention to the winged ends. It’s ok to get a little overly-excited about applying & reapplying the color.
6. Press the slightest amount of Hourglass Cheekstain in Petal (or an equally neutral color that suits your skintone) and gently rub in.
Don’t forget! Stock up on Colored Mascara & more during our Rewarding Beauty Event and you could receive up to $200 off your purchase!
See what’s happening during Rewarding Beauty
More from #BGTutorial: