BGs Best in Show: Lou Lou of Reem Acra
1) Good evening Miss Lou Lou!! So nice to have you come visit us on Fifth Avenue!! Now, if I remember, this is not your first time to walk BGs Best in Show, right?
Correct. I am what you would call a veteran at this — you see, I walked the catwalk last year and it was much too much fun. Naturally I told Ms. Acra that I just had to do it again.
2) Refresh our memory… what did you wear last year?
Silly… I wore a wedding gown of course!
3) And can you share inspiration for this year’s costume? We have it on good authority that your look is very L’Cage Aux Folles ….
Your source is correct. Oh yes… there are yards and yards of marabou feathers and all sorts of bright colors. We’re still working on it; it’s couture… so naturally it takes a bit more time.
4) Naturally. So in your spare time, whatever do you do? Are there any dog parks you like to grace?
Actually, I rather don’t like dog parks; they’re quite messy you know. The thing is, my fur is all white and I really don’t like to get it dirty. Plus it smells quite funny there and the other dogs have no manners… really you’d think they’d know better. Honestly. So I have a stroller if I’m not being carried in Ms. Acra’s bag… sometimes Ms. Acra takes me to Bergdorfs so I can look at all of the pretty things there and people watch. Oh I quite like the Seventh Floor. It’s always so glorious there; everybody is quite dear and they’ll brush my hair and take my picture and sometimes they’ll even sneak me a treat from BG Restaurant. It’s lovely.
5) Sounds like you have quite the life, Lou Lou. You must have big plans if you win this year’s Best in Show…
Of course I do. I will hop in my stroller and Ms. Acra will take me to Paris for champagne at the Plaza Athenee. Really I wouldn’t expect to do anything less.
MEET US ON FIFTH AVENUE
Access our Fashion’s Night Out listing of events!