BG Recipes: Truffled grilled cheese sandwich
Because there is no better comfort food than a grilled cheese sandwich.
Marybeth’s latest BG Restaurant recipe offers a lighter, bite-size twist while never shrinking on taste. Serve as an hors d’oeuvres at your weekend holiday bash or pair it with a bowl of steaming tomato soup. Enjoy!
Makes 24 1.5 x 1.5″ sandwiches
Robiola Osella Cheese, 6oz package
2 tbsp chopped truffles
3 tbsp white truffle oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 x slices pain de mie, white or brioche loaf, sliced lengthwise in 1/2″ segments
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix cheese, truffle oil and truffles. Season
3. Spread mixture on one slice of bread, top with other slice
4. Generously spray non-stick baking spray on baking sheet. Place sandwich on top and spray again, directly on to the bread
5. Place another baking sheet on top of the sandwich and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
6. Remove from baking sheet and cut into squares. Drizzle extra white truffle oil on top and serve
Alternatively, you can use melted butter instead of baking spray.
Serve with roasted tomato soup.
Nest Holiday Three-Wick Candle, 212 872 2769
Michael Storrings New York City Subway Car Ornament, 212 872 8872
BG Collection Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, 212 872 2758
Maison Francis Kurkdjian 111th Anniversary 754 Eau de Parfum, 212 872 2733
Michael Storrings 2012 BG Storefront Ornament, 212 872 8872