BG Recipes: Roasted cauliflower pear soup
The perfect complement to a cozy weekend afternoon spent wrapping packages and making your final touches to the tree.
Serve with bread crisp from the oven and top with a few sweet potato chips.
Makes 4 quarts
4 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 cauliflower heads, cut into florets
5 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
3 cloves garlic 1 medium onion, sliced
6 sprigs thyme
1 cup white wine
2 quarts water
1. Toss cauliflower florets and pears with 3 tbsp grapeseed oil and roast in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until light brown
2. In a soup pot, add 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, sliced onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes until softened over medium heat
3. Add roasted cauliflower, pear and thyme to the pot. Deglaze with white wine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, then add water and simmer for 1/2 an hour
4. Discard thyme, puree in a blender
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste