BG Recipes: Our Favorite Summer Cocktails
Following last week’s Poolside Margarita, BG Restaurant shares its two favorite cocktails to beat the summer heat. While one is slightly sweeter and the other has a spicy kick, you’ll find that both refresh and delight.
*Click through to see the recipe cards*
The Algonquin (1 Serving)
1 1/2 oz new york distilling company Dorothy Parker gin
1/2 oz Pimm’s
1/2 oz fresh lime
1/2 oz simple syrup
1. Shake all ingredients with ice.
2. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
The Fiesty Witch (1 Serving)
1 1/2 oz Don Julio tequila
1/2 oz jalapeno-infused tequila
(or make your own – place 1 sliced jalapeno into tequila bottle and allow to sit overnight)
1/4 oz Liquore Strega
1 oz honey
1 oz fresh lime
For salt ‘lick’:
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp old bay seasoning
1. Mix together salt & old bay seasoning.
2. Moisten a two inch strip on the outside of a chilled coupe glass (with the lemon wedge).
3. Dip the moistened part into the seasoning salt to create a ‘salt lick’ on the outside of the glass.
4. Shake all remaining ingredients with ice.
5. Strain into the coupe glass.