BG Beauty Review: YSL Glossy Stain
Let’s start by saying we’re not easily wow’d. Our BG Beauty Girls are heavy hitters. We’ve been there. . . we’ve seen that. But this — YSL Glossy Stain (212 872 8654) — well, we’re all ears. . . err, lips!
At first gander, the rectangular-shaped gleaming gold & slick black packaging is easily mistaken for nail lacquer. . . clearly, a rather fancy bottle of nail lacquer. But it’s not nail polish. It’s gloss. . . well, it’s a stain. . . but slightly lipstick-like. So you see — this innovative little gem sort of breaks the mold. It delivers the color intensity of a lipstick, the extended wear of a stain and is applied with the goof-proof ease of gloss.
Our Beauty Editor, Felicia, has had her hands (…err, lips) on Glossy Stain for a few weeks now & here’s the skinny:
- It’s definitely the chicest lip product in my makeup bag
- The texture feels light and airy. The streak-free coverage is buildable from soft & sheer to rich & glossy.
- Hours later when the gloss fades, the color remains as a natural looking stain. . . . so lips look fresh and supple for most of the day.
- While my favorite shade is No. 12 Corail Fauve (a subtle coral), Glossy Stain is available in 19 shades ranging from: neutral rose & beige * girly pinks & corals * punchy orange * mid-tone mauves & brown * radiant reds * striking violet.
- Flat-shaped applicator provides even coverage. The formula is more emollient, less glossy. When I rub my lips together, it feels like I’m wearing a nourishing balm.
This adorable YSL video explains how to apply Glossy Stain
Explore the making of YSL GLossy Stain