- Postcards and a Packing List from Nausheen Shah
- Generally speaking a white dress is one of the best packing staples as it can transition easily from day to night with accessories alone. The simplicity of this L’Agence dress speaks for itself. I had to seize the sunflower moment on the way to Massimo Ferragamo’s villa Castiglion de Bosco in Montalcino, Tuscany. [Similar hat: Eric Javits]
- When in Italy, Missoni is a must. Staying at Il Pellicano in Porto Ercole evoked my Slim Aaron’s vibe, especially with the Missoni floor length wrap skirt. I felt the decadent history of Il Pellicano paired oh so well with Missoni’s zig zag color palate. [Bikini: Missoni, Sunglasses: Prada]
- As the sun sets in the Tuscan hills, floor length dresses with long sleeves avoid the need for a shawl. This paisley Etro gown offers a fresh silhouette and couldn’t have been any more perfect to match the beauty of Borgo Santo Pietro’s villa in Tuscany. [Belt: W.Kleinberg, Necklace: Ippolita]
- When in Portofino, Italy it’s all about stripes! They bounce flawlessly of the vibrantly colored facades of the town. In this case, Miguelina’s lace shorts add just enough coverage to still allow my stripes to peak through. [Similar suit: Vix, Similar shorts: Letarte, Similar scarf: Ferragamo]
- Don’t forget to pack a chunky heel as cobblestones are not kind to stilettos – I love these by Alexandre Birman. Hotel Splendido in Portofino is a must for picturesque views.
Photos by Carin Ahrberg.