5th/58th, the Bergdorf Goodman blog, is completely redesigned
5th/58th, the Bergdorf Goodman blog, gets its first redesign since its debut in 2010. Developed by Productive Edge, the blog features regularly updated content, as well as ongoing features like 5 Questions videos with designers, the social project BG Stories and New York City Secrets.
Timed to coincide with BG’s 111th Anniversary celebration this fall, the elegant new design offers more ways for users to engage with the site.
New features include:
- Interactive 111 Landing page celebrating Bergdorf Goodman’s anniversary with links to the #BG111 conversation, user-submitted BG Stories, BGs interactive timeline on BG.com/history, shop exclusive merchandise, desktop wallpaper downloads, videos and more.
- A live Instagram feed of photos BG’s famous windows. Users who tag their photos #BGWindows will be automatically uploaded into a slideshow on all Windows blog posts.
- Blog posts have a new slideshow feature and are linked to BG.com for users to purchase the complete look.
- Social share buttons present on slides within Magazine and Windows posts
- The store’s calendar—announcing store appearances by designers and other events—is featured more prominently.
- Categorized Video section divided by fashion, magazine behind-the-scenes and the 5 Questions interview video series with Bergdorf Goodman designers
- Each issue of BG Magazine is completely archived, with author bios and links to their social media feeds.
- A navigation bar allows users to visit BG’s increased presence on other social media outlets (including Pinterest and the store’s YouTube channel).
Bergdorf Goodman’s Active Social Media Profiles: