BG Beauty Video: Fresh Faced
The look of bright, fresh skin relies on a delicate layering of sheer tones and a slight, playful placement of shimmer. This creates subtle points of interest and soft dimension. Watch as we show you how to master the look, with behind the scenes footage from our June magazine shoot:
The goods that get the look!
1. Start by applying a sheer wash of iridescent shimmer from lid to crease. Careful to not apply color near the brow bone.
2. Keep shadow confined to the lower lid, feathering it out a bit as you approach the crease.
3. Leave lashes bare for this look. . . our use a single coat of natural looking mascara like Guerlain Le 2 (212 872 2734).
4. Next, warm up a bit of cream blush (we like Yves Saint Laurent Creme de Blush in Powdery Rose (212 872 8654) and begin applying to the apples of cheeks. This gives a fresh, youthful feel. Tap outwards to blend the color. If you overdo it with the blush, give cheeks a light dusting of transluscent powder. This will tone down overly animated cheeks!
5. Using the same tapping technique that you used to apply cream blush, apply a neutral lipstick to lips. Try Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Nude Lotus (212 872 8826). Use fingers and tap tap tap away.
6. Voila! Fresh Faced.